CBD can be like an off-ramp from stressville onto a peaceful country road. CBD can bring you a sense of calm amidst the chaos.
First things first. There is nothing about Moment mints that is formulated specifically for women. The ingredients are equally beneficially for men and women. So if you’re a man and you’re reading this, you’re good. Please enjoy Moment mints. And please continue reading. I appreciate you.
All that being said, I did make a conscious choice to build MotherBar for women. Busy, stressed out, on-the-go women.
That makes most of us, right?
You might have noticed my interview series “This is How We Mother” where I specifically focus on working mothers. There is a reason for that...
Studies show that once women become parents, their workload increases by “21 hours more per week” which is spent on childcare and maintaining the household.
Because regardless of how far we’ve come as women in the workplace, we are often still held to traditional domestic standards at home. This extra work is often referred to as the “second shift” and is a big contributor to why, according to a study on 7,000 women done by TODAY, many moms rate their stress levels at an 8.5 out of 10. Eeek.
There is a great book (and documentary) called “Fair Play” that delves into why mothers are so overwhelmingly busy and one term they reference and that really resonated with me is “mental load.”
As mothers, we carry a constant and ever-growing mental to-do list of all the things we need to do to care for our children and our household.
- Grocery lists
- After school activities
- Doctor appointments
- Restocking household essentials
- Reminding (cough, cough nagging) our husbands to help
The list is always running in the background of our minds. And it never ends. And it goes mostly unnoticed by our family.
So not only are women doing A LOT but it’s often unappreciated.
Enter stress. Resentment. Overwhelm. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.
Fairplay is an amazing resource on how to successfully ask and engage your partner in more balanced help around the house. If nothing else, it helps evolve the conversation you’re already having with your husbands, be that through your eye rolls, sighs, or comments like “fine, I’ll just do it.” Been there.
So hopefully you can now see why MotherBar is hyper focused on women, specifically mothers. We need all the help we can get.
SO HOW DOES CBD HELP WOMEN?
I like to think as CBD as an off-ramp.
Let’s use our imagination for a second. Ready?
Picture yourself dashing around town, running errands, picking up and dropping off kids, yelling at them for spilling in the car, all while responding to work messages, navigating traffic, and trying not to totally lose your sh*t as you attempt to cross off your never ending to-do list.
…..and then, off to the side, you see a nice country road. It’s shaded. It’s quiet. Flowers are blooming. Butterflies are floating in the breeze. The sun is gently trickling through the leaves. Your hear the sweet song of bluebird. And for a moment, you actually feel yourself breathe. Your shoulders drop out of your ears. Your heart slows. You think…that is magical.
Well my friends, CBD can be your off-ramp from stressville onto that magical country road.
CBD can bring you a sense of calm amidst the chaos.
“But I just don’t have the time to slow down!”
I know that feeling. I’ve been there. That’s why my product is called Moment. Take a Moment. You don’t need a day or an hour. Even 3 minutes (which is typically how long the mint lasts), can help reduce your stress levels. BUT…you have to be present to reap the full benefits. You can’t just pop one and move on. The full enchilada comes only when you’re actually aware of the experience. I’m talking 3 minutes. You can do it.
Not to mention, I’ve made it uber easy for you because Moment is purposefully made with ingredients that awaken your senses.
- Bulgarian rose. A lovely grounding fragrance. You’ll smell it upon opening.
- Peppermint. I’m sure your familiar. Freshening. Cooling. Everyone wants fresh breath, right?
- Regeneratively grown full spectrum hemp. This is where the CBD comes from. It acts on your endocannabinoid system to release tension and anxiety from your body and mind. FYI I only source the good stuff. Better for the earth and better for your body. No chemicals here.
- Szechuan flower. This is the big highlight. It tingles. It numbs. You might not notice it right at first, but it’s hard to ignore once it kicks in. This is really what makes Moment special.
And just like that, you’ve taken a conscious moment.
I’ve already written a blog all about the benefits of CBD. The top three reasons include:
- Relieve Pain
- Reduce Stress & Anxiety
- Improve Sleep Quality
But that's for the average person. And you're not average, are you? Let's bring some color to it.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CBD FOR WOMEN?
I’ve been talking to and interviewing women about CBD for years now. Here are some direct quotes with regard to their experience taking Moment mints.
- “When I’m feeling extremely rushed or overwhelmed, it helps me smooth-out the edges.”
- “A game changer when it comes to PMS and stress, especially when I can’t sleep because my mind is racing.”
- “The wonderful pause that I need in the day.”
- “The perfect catalyst to transition me to calm.”
- “Helps me to calm down, focus, and be more patient when life stresses get to me.”
- “Helps me pause, re-center and connect back to being in the moment.”
- “Slept SO well last night.”
- “Noticeably calmer and clear-minded without the mental background noise.”
- “I notice a difference in my patience and engagement with those around me.”
- “A natural way to help me re-center myself and feel present, without stress.”
CBD helps create that much needed space in-between. The space between action and reaction. The space between all that noise. The space between your precious breaths.
Everyone will have their own reason for taking CBD and each experience is unique. The only somewhat negative response I’ve ever heard is “I don’t feel anything.” And that, my friends, is because you’re simply not taking enough.
Good thing Moment has 8x more CBD than the average CBD edible.
See you on that country road.